NEW THEEEEME (AGAIN)… What d u think?
I’m a bit bored… TIME FOR SOME CREATION :D gifs are on the way.
Yeah ik it's stupid, but see I'm talking about the series,I think mustafa wants to show his father that he can campaign on him, I'll just wait and see the episode :D
I really don’t know where the series are going? Seriously? Just the idea of the army to go with Mustafa is stupid. Cause the army was loyal to one person and it’s Suleyman.
Thank you for the Informations you gave me, they will halp me a lot in my research, you gave me what I couldn't find on the internet. I should try to read instead of surfing the internet. Thank you very much.
No problem sweetheart. I’m glad to help, even if I took a very long time. Reading books is much better than the internet because there are many false stuff about Historical characters, and especially Ottoman ones.
Do you have some texts for us to know the real truth of Selim II the 11th Sultan of the Ottoman Empire and the son of Sultan SUleyman the magnificent and Haseki Hurrem sultan?
That’s actually a good idea.
This will be a bit long:
- First of all, I would like to post some of his poetry, cause Selim II was very known for his love to poetry and poets, and that’s something he shares with Mehmet and Bayezid: “We are loving nightingales that have got wretched because of the longing of separation,
The gentle morning wind becomes fire if it blows through our rosary.”
- He also wrote a poem to His brother Sehzade Mustafa after his death, with other Poems to his wife Nurbanu Sultan and some of the royal family members.
- This is actually an order from Sultan Selim II: “…because the accursed Portugese are everywhere owing to their hostilities against India, and the routes by which Muslims come to the Holy Places are obstructed and moreover, it is not considered lawful for the people of Islam to live under the power of miserable infidels … you are to gather together all the expert architects and engineers of that place and investigate the land between the Mediterranean and the Red Seas and report where it is possible to make a canal in that desert place and how long it would be and how many boats could pass side by side”. – ref: Ottoman Archives: Muhimme Defteri Vol 7 No 721 Indeed, it was with Sultan Selim II that the first plans of the Suez Canal began, although it was not accomplished in his lifetime.
- Sultan Selim II’s work for Islam is truly beyond impressive, the Selimye mosque he built is an architectural achievement which still causes emotional reactions. Lady Mary Wortley Montagu (d. 1762), wife of the English ambassador in Istanbul is quoted as saying the mosque which Sultan Selim II build was “The noblest building I ever saw.”
- The seventeenth century traveller Evliya Celebi notes Sultan Selim’s justification for choosing Eridrne as a location for the mosque, relating that the Prophet Muhummad (S) came to to the Sultan in a dream and directed him to build it there.
- This is another thing Evliya Celebi wrote:” Sultan Selim also continued his parents’ involvement with Mecca, his work gave the great mosque the distinctively Ottoman appearance it retains today. The enclosure lacked the space for a monumental mosque like those in Istanbul, so the galleries surrounding the courtyard were remodeled in the Ottoman style and given domes in places of their original flat roof. These works were continued during Murad II’s reign, serving to impress pilgrims from the all over the world with the power and munificence of the new protectors of the Muslim Holy Places”. That’s correct, all the structural beauty of Makkah itself in the grand Ottoman style came from the direction and resources of Sultan Selim II.
And these are the resources from which I took these texts and informations:
1- The Turkish Language Reform: A Catastrophic Success (Oxford Linguistics) – Geoffrey Lewis
2- Turkish Cultural Foundation – turkishculture.org
3- Amazon.com – Product Details, Citations
Actually huricihan said that Osman lives with Beyhan
Probably, but we have to see him in the series. Because, he has to show himself to the princes and be with his sister, at least one time. They just don’t want to show him.
SPLAT! You just got snowballed! Welcome to the snowball fight of 2013! Okay so here's how it works, just say three to five random things about yourself then go anon and snowball your five favorite blogs. If you get snowballed again you CANNOT snowball any blogs you've snowballed before, except if you're out of blogs to snowball. Have fun!
- I hate boy bands.
- I love history, it’s my fav subject ever.
- I’m in love with maths.
- I’m blonde.
- I hate foxy actresses, who want to look beautiful and get attention no matter how.
Some people say that in the next episode Selim will find a beautful girl, and forgets about Nurbanu! Is that true?
I really don’t know. Some people say anything, but we will see that in the next episode. :).
You said you could give a review of any episode !! Please give a veryyy detailed one of the first episode and the 19th episode !! Thanks :) Oh and welcome back !!! Missed your blog like hell :*
This could be a bit long:
Sultan Suleiman learns of the death of his father while on a hunting trip i Manisa with Ibrahim Pargali. And then he goes to Istanbul to become the 10th Sultan of the ottoman Empire.
Meanwhile, the daughter of a Ukrainian priest, Alexandra Lisowska (later Hurrem Sultan) is captured during a Tatar slave raid on her village; her father, mother, and sister are killed in the raid, and she’s going to Istanbul to be sold to the Ottoman palace.
When Alexandra arrives she makes lots of trouble, she met wth the Valide Sultan who told her that she cannot go and that she’s the slave of the Sultan. Nigar Khalfa the responsible of the Harem girls taught Alexandra a lesson: if she becomes a favorite (concubine) and gives birth to a son, she could rise to become a sultana and rule the world. So, to attract his attention, when the Sultan next passes by and all concubines/slaves bow in respect, she calls out his name and then faints into his arms.
- The most favourite concubine Mahidevran Sultan arrives from the Manisa Palace with her son Sehzade Mustafa, and she learns that the Valide Sultan was going to make a party for Suleiman so he can choose any Harem girl from the palace and spend the night with her.
- Alexandra and the other harem girls prepare for the night while Mahidevran is crying in her chamber.
- After a dancing party Suleiman chooses Alexandra and waited for her in his chamber, but instead of her, Mahidevran Sultan enters his chamber and told her servant to take Alexandra away, because that night is for the most favourite concubie which is Mahidevran sultan.
Now Episode 19:
- Hurrem tells Leo to forget about her and return to his town, she also reminds him that she is Hurrem Sultan and no longer ALexandra.
- Suleiman enters in that time and then Hurrem told him that she was discussing the architecture of the place and the paintings with Leo. Suleiman believes her.
- Some politics stuff *boring*
- Mahidevran told Ngar Khalfa to follow her instead of Hurrem and to be her loyal servant who gives and tells her all informations about Hurrem Sultan.
- Suleiman decides to take Hurrem, Mehmet and Mustafa wth him to the old palace and leaves Mahidevran behind.
- The soldiers make a civil war.
- All the Harem and the people of the palace hide fro the soldiers and wish for Suleiman’s help.
- Hurrem, Mehmet and Mustafa coming back to Istanbul when they learned about the war made by the soldiers, they later escape to Hatice Palace.
- While trying to hide, Hatice falls and losts her son, she was no longer pregnant.
- Suleiman knows about the war, he comes back to save his family and to make everything as it was before.
- The Soldiers stop the civil war and ask for attention from Suleima (money… etc).
- Suleiman agrees to give them what they want but he kills the man behind the war, who was the leader of the soldiers, and threw his head in from of the other soldiers.
Hope it helps you. Thank you for the compliment.